Our Club’s History
At the request of the District 31 Governor Aub Budd, the Redcliffe Rotary Club sponsored the Caboolture Rotary Club.
An interest meeting was held in Newman House at the Caboolture War Veterans Home in June 1954. This was followed by the Charter Meeting on the 19th August 1954 with 23 members present.
Members were advised that the Nomination Fee of £2.2.0 was payable on acceptance of membership and semi-annual club dues of £3.13.6 which included subscription to “The Rotarian” magazine were due 1st January and 1st July.
The first ladies night was held on the 11th October 1954.
220 people attended the first Charter Meeting on the 20th November 1954 when the presentation was made by the Governor of District 35 Bert Martin.
The first community project by the new club was to build and install 3 seats in the grounds of the Caboolture War Veterans Home, these were presented on the 2nd May 1955.
Over the years the club has gone from strength to strength doing so much for the local Caboolture community along with many national and international projects.