Friends of Rotary
The primary role of the Friends of Rotary is to provide an opportunity that connects community minded people to our club.
It is intended to provide an avenue of participation to people who share our ideals and objectives, who cannot or may not wish to join the club as a Rotarian (eg. due to time and travel constraints and other commitments), but who nevertheless would like to help promote the Rotary ideals in our community and have a link to our club.
A Friend of Rotary would be invited to participate in the activities of the Rotary Club of Caboolture as follows:
- Attend dinner meetings when they wished, particularly on special occasions.
- Attend all social and official functions run by the Club.
- Assist in fundraising and volunteer activities of the Club.
- A Friend of Rotary is not a member of the Rotary Club of Caboolture and is therefore not entitled to the rights or subject to the responsibilities of membership as provided for in the Constitution and Bylaws. Rather a Friend of Rotary has a formal association with the Club, which provides an avenue to participate in Club activities.
- A Friend of Rotary may be accepted by the Board following a review of their application.
- An accepted Friend of Rotary will be formally welcomed at a meeting of the Club and presented with a badge entitled “Friend of the Rotary Club of Caboolture”
- The initial period of the friend’s association with the Club will be for the current Rotary Year, renewable as appropriate by the Board of the Rotary Club of Caboolture.
- The Friend of Rotary’s Sponsor would be the link between that friend and the Club on an ongoing basis. The member would ensure that the Friend of Rotary receives details of all Club activities and is encouraged to have involvement in those activities.
- There is no membership joining fee.
- Meals and costs of other social activities to be paid for at the same rate as members.
- A Friend of Rotary will be entitled to receive a regular bulletin.
- A Friend of Rotary shall have no vote on any decisions made by the Club, nor serve on the Board.
- If at any time a Friend of Rotary expresses a wish to become a full member of the Club, the usual procedures shall apply as for new members.
- All the above guidelines may be varied from time to time for any specific person with the agreement of the Board.
If you wish to become a Friend of Rotary, download the application form HERE
Then print, scan & email it to the attention of our Membership Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or print & post to Membership Director, Rotary Caboolture. PO Box 240 Caboolture 4510